Monday, November 3, 2008

Weeks 3, 4, and 5 are in the books! I am so grateful for them. God has done so much with us as a base and a family. Week 3 was called "Father Heart of God." Week 4 had to do with "Frearing the Lord." WWWOOOOWWWW. 'Dave' was our speaker and all i can say is I have been moved by this man in so many ways. He was instrumental at getting everyone of us out of our comfort zones and coming together as a family! The way we worship, how we pray, why we pray, our respect for the nations, the respect we show to our brothers and sisters of God, all of these topics were addressed then strengthened during week 4 for the glory of the Lord. Gods love has poured out of my fellow students, something that had not been present until this week. It was nothing less than a gift from the God. Very emotional but oh so good. HMmmm...Changed my life. Thank you Jesus. Thank you Dave. I am extremely appreciative of my fellow DTS students as well. They are amazing.

Week five just came to an end. It was "Prayer" week. OOFTA! It consisted of our base teaming up into groups of four or so, then having serval two hour prayer sessions thoughout the entire week. This was challenging in two ways. The first challenge for myself was that I have consistantly struggled with my prayer life. I have been praying for my heart to connect to my conversation with God in prayer. (if that makes any sense!!??) The second challenge was obviously the really early time slots like : 12 to 2am, 2-4am etc... and then having worship from 7pm to 9pm. I don't want to sound like i am complaining because I am so grateful for it all but it was challenging with the lack of sleep, busy schedule, work duties and assignments, and most importantly the intimate work God does ( and did!!)in my heart throught that time. God did his thing and as a result some amazing and intense prayer sessions came to be.


I just wanted to add one more peace of juicy information before I end this entry. Today (Monday) we had worship right away in the morning as usual. Apparently it was a giving day for people on the base. People shouted out financial needs for outreach and a few (but not many) other things. So after listing who needed what and how much, the total was close to 35,000 dollars!!! I was blown away by that. Next, we waited on God, prayed about it, and no longer than twenty minutes maybe a half hour later God had provided 31,000 dollars from a bunch of broke YWAMers in the room. Makes you realize how great God is, full of grace, and how much we actually do have but are not willing to part with. One student was in shock telling me, "there are people ten times more wealthy than the people back home and this happened from nothing..." That put into perspective how much I(we) have, how selfish I(we) can be, how much more others are in need than myself(us). Children in this world are starving and im crying about a meal not tasting right, not being on time, not how i want it, i want a nice car, spend hundreds a week on alcohol (why, for what?? so we can block out what is really happening is the world?)i want THIS... THAT, I SHOULD BE ENTITLED TO SECURITY >>>>AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!! GOD...we need your help.

I'm not trying to scare you all, I just have a huge heart for the hungry and lost children in the world. I love you all so much and want to thank you again for your support. You have madethis experience  possible for me and for others in which i will be affecting.  It has been an incredible blessing!!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lee
I just returned from a trip to Israel (following the footsteps of Jesus) and found your message on my e-mail. Sounds like you are growing by leaps and bounds. I am sure you will touch many hearts before you return. Keep up the Blogs.
In peace,
Diane

Brad said...

Lee, Hey! catching up on your blog is really sweet. It is awesome to see God working in your life and I am excited to see what he has next!

Brad