Sunday, October 19, 2008


Hello Everyone!!

God is moving... Wow.  Second week of lectures is in the books!  These past few weeks have been challenging but so so good.  God is teaching me a lot about myself, how I interact with my neighbor, how selfish I actually am, how to "Die to Self" (DTS) and what that means, stepping out of my comfort zone and getting out there with my evangelism,  so many amazing works God is doing inside of me.  I am so thankful for everything He has given me.

This last week in lecture our weekly topic is about 'Hearing God's Voice', and learning exactly what that means and how He speaks to us.  Rhema (Greek) -- for example is defined by 'what is said' or 'event' or 'happening'... just a very direct speaking from God.  Also, Logos -- which means "bible" or God's spoken word.  Between the two, Logos and Rhema are important ways that God can speak to us.   SOOOOOO GOOOOOD!!!!!!  Another exercise we do is called "waiting on God."  This is where we take a specific amount of time from lecture to quiet the room and just hear what He has to say.  Its not as easy as it might sound.  A lot of people have trouble just being quiet and taking time for their relationship with Him. Usually we have music, or TV on for our quiet time.  That is the wrong approach.  For some reason it comes pretty easy for me and I get good quality time for whatever is on my heart.  Very good learning experience for me. 

At the end of the week (friday) we visited Mount Coolum.  The hike up the mountain only took a half hour but is was pretty steep.  At the top we gathered for a few songs of worship, took pictures, and broke off into groups of about 4 and had intercession for the Sunshine Coast community.  We prayed for the materialism that the coast is caught up in, and for the lost children of the community who are wrapped up in drugs and alcohol looking for a way out.  It was very powerful.  
Lastly we found out our outreach locations!!!  Darwin, Australia (Aborigines) - Vanuatu in the South Pacific Islands (Youth camps and prison ministry) - Cambodia / Thailand in Southeast Asia (Buddhism- work in Orphanage, teach english, construction)  Indonesia -- ( 17,000 Islands, half of population in poverty, 85% Hinduism)      I signed up for Vanuatu and Thailand/Cambodia.  I will most likely be going to Vanuatu for the children!
Thanks for reading and I will have another post for everyone in another week or so! I love you all so much and God bless every single one of you!!

1 comment:

Brad said...

Lee, Sounds like God is really moving you, I'm jacked for you. DTS can be a tough, and continous, battle, but finding your identity in Christ is absolutlely freeing and awesome! Rock on, I am praying for you and wish you the best! when you are evangilizing, remember, "who God is to you, is who God will be through you." If you are in love with Jesus and excited for him, he will use you in ways you can't imagine! I am praying for you and wish you the best.

Brad M.